House Training a New Puppy

House Training your puppy

house training a new puppyI finally wrote my web page on house training a new puppy! It’s about time.

Take a look and let me know if I left anything out?

House Training by MLC

And don’t forget to see what kinds of puppies we have available right now! Click here to see what’s available, who’s expecting, and who’s already found their new families! Want to see our collection of pictures and stories from happy puppy owners? Find them here! They sure do make me smile, I hope you like them too!

I share all kinds of CUTE pictures of our dogs, puppies, and some of our grown pups in their homes all over the country on our Facebook Page! Head on over and have a look! We definitely have a lot of fun on the farm, rain or shine, any season!

1. Kristen 5 years ago

Thanks Mary Lisa for your housebreaking tips! Some people say that if you use puppy pads and outdoors it can confuse the puppy. Have you ever noticed this? It’s an exciting time and I hope the people who made deposits before me hurry up and choose, because I’m excited to see which puppy will be mine!

Mary Lisa Carter 5 years ago

No, I have not had any confusion at all. But then again, I raise my puppies in a way that really gives them a good start – that could be why. It is very difficult to house train a puppy that was raised in a cage or small pen where they do not have a “potty area” where there are potty pads & outdoor yards.

2. Jamie 5 years ago

Good information! Perfect timing for me as we train our new addition!

3. Michelle 5 years ago

Great , simple how to advice! Confining the pup’s area and with you already having prepped the pups on potty training it was easier. I found with my pup- she really wanted to go outside and was able to read the signals and get her out. Easiest job I ever had training a pup!

4. Rachel 5 years ago

These are great tips. Thank you for sharing.

5. Joan Fruth 5 years ago

We have17 dogs all together. Everything from mastiffs to our 6 havanese. I’m trying to send you a picture of “secret”.

Mary Lisa Carter 4 years ago

OMG! You are as dog crazy as I am!!! I am dying to meet you and all your pack!!!